Register now to take advantage of the early bird discounts. CLS will not be able to extend the early bird registration discounts this year due to increased costs associated with this location. Early bird discounts end on July 31.
Payment in full is required to process all registrations. The registration fee covers all main sessions, workshops, three buffet breakfasts, and the Saturday evening gala. We will confirm your completed registration by mail or email. The status of your membership on October 31, 2019 determines your registration fee. Those attending law school or undergraduate school full-time are considered “Students.” When both spouses are attorneys, law students, or non-lawyer members, the spouse with the higher registration fee must register and the other need pay only the spouse fee.
The hotel is located in downtown Chicago and is accessible by rental car, taxi, rideshare services (Uber, Lyft, VIA), GoAirport Express shuttle, city bus or rail service such as the CTA (Chicago Transit Authority) Blue Line /"L" trains or Metra.
CTA: City-wide bus and rail service. See https://www.transitchicago.com/ for full fares, schedules, and maps. A limited number of CTA bus & rail map brochures will be available onsite at the hospitality table staffed by the Chicago Host Committee.
- Download the Ventra App or purchase tickets at station kiosks. Single-ride (allows for 3 rides w/in 2 hours), daily, 3-day, and other regular and reduced-fare passes are available.
- Blue Line train from O'Hare airport to downtown ($5 single-ride). Ride 45 minutes (19 stops) to Jackson and exit up to street level. Walk about 1 block East to the State & Jackson Red Line station, entrance below street level, and take the Northbound train to Howard 6 minutes (4 stops). Exit the train at the Chicago (West Chicago Ave.) station. From there, the Westin will be about an 8-minute walk (.4 mile).
- Orange Line train from Midway airport to downtown ($3 single-ride). Ride 20 minutes (7 stops) then transfer from Orange to Red Lines (Northbound to Howard) on the platform at Roosevelt. Take the Red Line 8 minutes (6 stops) and exit the train at the Chicago (West Chicago Ave.) station. From there, the Westin will be about an 8-minute walk (.4 mile).
Metra: Commuter rail service from the suburbs, including downtown Chicago stops. See https://metrarail.com/.
- https://metrarail.com/maps-schedules includes quick links to Metra system maps and routes, RTA regional trip planner, CTA, Water Taxi services, Pace bus service, rental car options, South Shore Line, Divvy bike rental, and more.
- Children under 12 ride free. Single-ride, 10-ride, weekend, reduced-fare passes, and more are available; see website for more details.
South Shore Line: Commuter rail service from NW Indiana. See http://www.mysouthshoreline.com/.
You can plan your trip via public transportation using the RTA Chicago Transit website (https://www.rtachicago.org/plan-your-trip).
Parking at the hotel is expensive. The parking lot fees are $72 for overnight parking (each 24 hour period). Parking is valet parking only; no self-parking is available onsite. Valet parking includes in/out privileges.
If you live local, the Moody Bible Institute is offering 50 free parking spaces, several blocks away, but no overnight parking. Passes may be claimed in person at the host committee hospitality table at conference registration onsite. Users are to park in Lots A or C near 941 N. Wells Street and display their passes on the vehicle dash. From Moody, the Westin is an approximately 15 minute walk.
To locate other, more economical parking options, go to the Parkopedia website. Once there, type in the hotel address (909 N Michigan Ave.), the date and time you plan on parking, and the date and time you plan on departing. This will pull up a map with the garages around the hotel. To the right of the screen, you will find the name, address and the parking rates of each.
SpotHero is another website you can use and works the same way. Get $10 off your first reservation when you download the Spothero app with code "Smart". For the best availability and pricing, reserve in advance for any length of stay.
Other online websites - www.groupon.com, www.google.com/maps, or similar sites - may also be helpful for finding parking near the Westin Michigan Avenue (lots run by parking.com, iparkit.com, SP+ parking, LAZ parking, 777nmichiganave.com, etc).
CLS will be applying for state bar approved CLE credits. There is no additional charge for CLE credits for workshop sessions; however, you must fill out the proper CLE forms at the conference to receive credit. CLE credit is also available for the main session on Friday morning. CLE credits will be provided for workshops that qualify, which is dependent on the rules of each accrediting state.
Dress for the conference is business casual; Saturday evening banquet is business formal.
If you have dietary or other special needs, please let us know when you register so that we can make arrangements to accommodate your needs.
Any cancellation/request for a refund must be made in writing, and CLS will issue a cancellation number. If received on or before September 1, a $75 administration fee will apply. If received by 4:00 pm EDT on October 1, a $150 fee will apply. No refunds will be given after 4:00 pm EDT on October 1, 2019. No-shows will not receive a refund.
The Westin Chicago Michigan Avenue is located at 909 North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611. The hotel is directly across the street from the 360 Chicago Tower (the Hancock building) on Michigan Avenue and E. Delaware Place and just a few blocks from Lake Michigan.
Click here to access the hotel reservations page. Please note that we expect the discounted rate hotel block to fill quickly and the hotel will not guarantee an extension of our room block. Please plan accordingly by booking early to ensure your discounted rate of $189/night.
Age-appropriate, Christ-centered care is available for children ages 0-11 for most conference sessions and workshops. Childcare is free for all registrants; however, registrations must be received by September 16, 2019, so we can make the appropriate accommodations. Details and program offerings are subject to change based on interest.